- Reps, J. W. (1997). Canberra 1912: Plans and planners of the Australian Capital Competition. Carlton South, Vic., Australia: Melbourne University Press.
- Reps, J. W. (1965). The making of urban America: A history of city planning in the United States. Princeton, N.J: Princeton University Press.
- Reps, J. W. (1967). Monumental Washington: The planning and development of the Capital center. Princeton, N.J: Princeton University Press.
- Reps, J. W. (1991). Washington on view: The nation's capital since 1790. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press.
- Reps, J.W. (1975). “Public Enterprise and New Towns: An American Tradition Revisted” in Golany, G., & Walden, D. (eds.). The contemporary new communities movement in the United States. Urbana: University of Illinois Press.
Additional online visual resources on planning, architecture and the urban experience can be found below: